Senior Accountant / Audit Manager
Dickey and Tremper, LLP is currently seeking a dedicated audit professional with a minimum of 4 years’ public accounting and/or governmental accounting and auditing experience to join our team as a Senior Accountant or Audit Manager with near term Partnership opportunities. We strive to exceed client expectations by providing valued services and personal relationships and are looking to add a like-minded member to our team.
Our firm is located in Pendleton, Oregon and we are a full service accounting firm offering opportunities and training to grow as a professional. We perform multiple engagements across the state and have a thriving audit practice. The main focus of the position is to perform engagements for governmental entities, non-profit organizations and privately held businesses as well as some tax planning and preparation. Responsibilities include engagement planning and performance, drafting financial statements, enhancing client relations, developing and supervising team members, keeping Partners and clients informed of important developments, continued professional growth and training, analyzing problems, recommending solutions, and coordinating engagements to provide quality services.
We are proud to offer the following benefits:
- Competitive salary.
- Flexible schedule during non-busy season.
- Partnership opportunities.
- Comprehensive benefits package:
- Paid time off.
- Medical, dental, vision, and group term life insurance.
- Matching 401k plan.
- Paid professional membership dues.
- Local gym membership.
- Continuing education, travel, and advancement opportunities.
Desired Skills and Experience
Job requirements include:
- Excellent leadership and time management skills.
- Ability to work as a team and to make suggestions to enhance processes and procedures.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting or related field required (advanced degree is preferred)
- Minimum of 4 years of governmental auditing and/or accounting experience.
- CPA certification and ability to obtain or maintain an Oregon municipal license.
- Good judgement and decision making ability.
- Ability to analyze complex problems and to work within budgetary and time constraints.
- Good written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills
- Experience in managing multiple client engagements and teams.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office and experience with auditing software and tools. (CCH ProSystem Engagement and Checkpoint tools preferred)